Monday, June 20, 2016

Tea Empties, Reviews and Tips

Okay, so I drink a lot of tea. It's no secret. And so I have a few empties! I thought it would be fun to go through my latest empties with you and tell you what I thought, as well as share any feedback I have on that particular tea. I hope you enjoy. 

I have two sets of empties. The first is a T by Daniel set, the second is DAVIDsTEA. 


The first tea I will review is CITYYZ by T by Daniel. To be honest this was not a favourite of mine or my children but my husband thought it was gangbusters. I think I was put off because I didn't initially add sweetener and you MUST add sweetener to this tea! It has cacao in it, which is notoriously bitter, in my opinion. Once I added sweetener I must admit it was quite delicious. My husband thought it was on par with a Timmy's Iced Coffee, as do many T-fans on the fan page. This one sells out fast. You really should try it, just to see what all the buzz is about! Check it out here

The second tea I will review is a black tea by T by Daniel: Caramel Popcorn. The first time I made this I prepared it as I do all my black teas, at about 95 degrees Celsius. The black tea flavour came out beautifully but not much of anything else. The second time I prepared it (a fresh brew) I made it at 90 degrees and OH MY what a difference. Suddenly there it was: the caramel, sweet, salty flavours I was hoping for. I highly recommend this tea. You can purchase it here


My last empty from T by Daniel is a decadent treat called Chai Noir. I prepared this as a latte for my husband and it turned a neat shade of pink. It was so pretty! AND DELICIOUS!! The surprise for both of us is it wasn't much of a 'chai'. BUT...it is SO GOOD. You absolutely must try it. You can purchase it here

Now moving on to DAVIDsTEA empties...


Nutty by Nature is a yummy, smooth, sweet mate I use instead of coffee. It is yummy. Did I mention yummy? I believe the apricot is the key to the smooth sweetness. I drink this in the late morning or afternoon for a pick me up and I feel MUCH better than drinking coffee. This is a definite must. You can check it out here.

Now on to the real tragedy...

My favourite tea EVER of ALL TIME. (So far anyway). Cream of Earl Grey by DAVIDsTEA. Actually I shouldn't say it's my favourite since Canadian, Eh by T by Daniel rivals this bad boy! (Check out that smooth goodness here) The best part of Cream of Earl Grey is that my husband doesn't like it so I get it all to myself!!! It's very smooth and not spicy at all. I steep it at 90 degrees for only about 3 minutes. If you want stronger tea, PLEASE ADD MORE TEA rather than steeping for longer!!! This may seem counter intuitive. Or at least more expensive (it is that!!!!) but you won't be releasing the bitter tannic acids this way - you will only be releasing the tea deliciousness!!! You can purchase this delicacy here



If you want to be amused, you can watch our Youtube video here!! or here



Happy Steeping! Please let me know if you have any questions about these teas or any others. 

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment